April 9, 2010 |
“My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist” one of the blockbuster bollywood Indian movies of this year. It earned $1.86 million in North America and smashes records worldwide, tremendous response in Berlin as well.
Just a month everyone was talking about this movie and keep coming ads on TV and poster seen around the city. Manufacturers of Caps and T-Shirt made huge money by printing the dialogue on their products.
Almost all parts of the Muslims world longed to see this movie…though intention of this movie was to convey western world that not all Muslims are terrorists. I am not sure what extend this movie has brought impact to Muslim world and to the people of West.
However, not a month has passed hundreds of people were killed by bombers in Pakistan, India, Russia, and Iraq in the last two months.
People who once applauded for this movie now once again their hearts filled with fear and insecurity and what they hoped that this movie could change the perspective of those who take their life off for nothing , recent events really fade- away all their expectations.
All I understood that though this movie had a good message and awareness for both Muslim people and Western World but it failed. Top world’s leaders made many plans to combat terrorism by waging war and making beautiful statements like “War on terrorism” “Global struggles with violence extremism”. The end result is failure.
GOD’S VIEW ABOUT TERRORISM
The root cause of terrorism is an individual selfish motive. Terrorists are not born but their own attitude develops them as one.
Terrorist means fulfilling his own selfish desires, murder, taking vengeance, and killing. If we think in this line, the Bible clearly reveals the character of a terrorist in Genesis chapter 4 itself. The name of the person is Cain. Cain brings some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD. He keeps the good portion. His brother Abel offers fat and first portion as an offering. This incident reveals Cain’s selfishness. The slogan goes on “The selfish attitude alienates us from the society.” The disapproval of Cain’s offering leads him to anger and downcast. Slowly the anger developed hatred towards his brother. Selfish attitude and hatred made him devise a cunning plan to kill Abel. He murdered his brother. The reward for his action was that God made him a wanderer all his life.
REMEDY OF TERRORISM
The simple and effective remedy for terrorism is the following three verses from the Bible.
- Consider others better than yourselves Phil 2:3
- Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and
- Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, Matt 5:44-45
- Jesus said the first commandment ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your Heart, with all your soul, and with your entire mind.’ Second is like it: ‘you shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matt 22:38-40
My dear friend, if you follow religion, you will never ever come to this higher thinking of life. You can be a good moral person some extent but cannot change your nature from inside… It is only God can do and change you completely. “For nothing is impossible with God.” Luck 1: 37
In the book of Acts, we read about Paul, who was a former terrorist of Tarsus, he really terrorized Christian community in his time. Acts 8:3. The very person’s heart and soul was changed and filled with the Love of God. He writes…
- Love is patient,
- Love is kind.
- It does not envy,
- It does not boast,
- It is not proud.
- It is not rude,
- It is not self-seeking,
- It is not easily angered,
- It keeps no record of wrongs.
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,
- Always trusts, (Read the Bible 1 Corinthians 13)
God says, “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Ezek 36:26 . Can it be true to any radical terrorist whose heart of stone can also be turned to a heart of flesh with full of Love and compassionate for the Lord and others as well? Follow my other articles.
Cast your Poll:
Muslims are not Terrorists And Terrorists are not Muslims ?
View My Stats **************************
- A-Z Islam & Evangelism
- Ministry Of Grace e-Books
- Ministry Of Grace Apologetic
- Ministry of Grace Gospel Music
- Ministry Of Grace Debate
- The Way of Salvation
Ministry Of Grace Prayer
- Ministry Of Grace Missions
- Ministry Of Grace Missionaries
- Ministry Of Grace & Hinduism
- Ministry Of Grace Video Testimony
- Ministry Of Grace E-Resources
- Ministry Of Grace Free-CD-DVD
- Ministry Of Grace Free Order Form
Reading E-Books for this Month Download freely
- Faith and Reason
- Creation Compromises
- Matter of Life and Death
- In the Shadow of Darwin
- The Global Flood of Noah
- Behold the Lamb of God
- Behold the Word of God
- Receiving the Gift of Salvation
- What the Bible Says Church
- The Truth About Human Origins
- The Scientific Case for Creation
- Satan—His Origin and Mission
- The Christian and Medical Ethics
- The Case for the Existence of God
- The Bible and the Age of the Earth
- My Sovereign, My Sin, My Salvation
- What the Bible Says Baptist Church
- What the Bible Says Lutheran Church
- What the Bible Says Catholic Church
- How do You Know the Bible is from God
- The Many Faces, and Causes, of Unbelief
- The Origin, Nature, and Destiny of the Soul
Highly Recommended Engaging With Islam
A Training Course for Christians
THE CRESCENT AND THE CROSS
Download Cross & Crescent PDF 5.68 MB
Subscribe to Ministry-Of-Grace-Prayer-International
Engaging With Islam